- 3 bacon slices
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen sliced okra
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen onion seasoning blend
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice (optional)
- Cook bacon in a Dutch oven until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving drippings. Crumble bacon, and set aside.
- Cook okra and next 6 ingredients in hot drippings in Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Top with crumbled bacon. Serve over rice, if desired.
- Southern Living
- OCTOBER 2002