Creamy Cajun Shrimp Linguine
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1½ tablespoons butter
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into (1/4-inch-thick) slices
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup half-and-half
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Combine 1 cup water and broth in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Break pasta in half; add to pan. Bring mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 8 minutes. Add shrimp to pan. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until shrimp are done; drain.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and pepper to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until moisture evaporates. Add flour, seasoning, and salt to pan; sauté 30 seconds. Stir in half-and-half; cook 1 minute or until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add pasta mixture and parsley to pan; toss.